Non-Exempt (Hourly) – Management Bargaining Unit
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
2021 SALARY Schedule
|Step I||Step II||Step III||Step IV||Step V|
Final filing deadline: Open until filled.
A current DMV printout is required with all applications. Must pass pre-placement physical and drug screen.
Under direction of the IT Systems Administrator, assists in operating, maintaining, and supporting computer systems, telecommunications systems, and software applications as well as providing end-user technical support and guidance.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Install, configure, and support operating systems.
- Install and configure computer workstations, smartphones, tablets, and necessary peripherals.
- Setup and maintain network operations, including assembly of network hardware, including, but not limited to, routers, switches, and wireless equipment.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Provide end-users with technical support and guidance.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems with computers and other devices.
- Assist with routine operational tasks including performing system backup and recovery.
- Website design and maintenance.
- Performs other duties as required.
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Operating systems (Windows, Windows Server, Linux/UNIX, macOS, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Common applications such as Microsoft Office
- Basic networking
- Microsoft Active Directory is recommended
- Microsoft Exchange Server is recommended
- Principals of microwave radio systems is recommended
- Principals of telecommunications systems is recommended
- Analyze user needs and make appropriate recommendations.
- Serve fellow employees as valued customers.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work independently.
Education and Experience Guidelines – Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Comp TIA A+ Certification recommended
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate recommended
- One (1) year of work experience in information technology, computer science, telecommunications or related fields is recommended.
License or Certificate:
Possession of an appropriate California operator’s license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. A good driving record of at least two (2) years duration, as evidenced by freedom from multiple or serious traffic violations or accidents. Possession and continuance of a driving record that does not cause adverse effect on the District’s automobile insurance rates is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor environment with travel from site to site; exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions, confined spaces, noise, and dust; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain; may be required to work weekends, nights, or unusual shifts, and be available for emergency callback duty.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office and field setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to climb ladders, stairs, ramps; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description has been prepared to define typical duties that an employee is expected to perform in this classification. It is not intended to limit the work which may be performed since other tasks may be assigned that are similar in nature. Further, specific duties may be changed or deleted from time to time as deemed necessary or prudent by the Manager.